After an intense cardio and core workout at the gym, I decided to make a short video on a yummy little high protein veggie omelette I cooked today. Irish style :).
You might think I should have added more ingredients for flavor, but I can’t be too picky since I’ll be competing in a few weeks time. Trying to keep my body fat as low as possible.
This is a very basic and easy to cook omelette, with most of the calories coming from the eggs rather than the vegetables.
To reduce the calories, I used two medium sized eggs and two egg whites. I rarely, if ever count my calories. But if you would like to know, there is 70 calories per egg, which means 140 calories and two egg whites, 34 calories.
1. Cup of mixed vegetables (10 calories)
2. Two medium sized eggs (140 calories)
3. Two egg whites (34 calories)
Protein: 48 grams
Carbs: 12 grams
Total: 184 calories
- Pour a teaspoon of olive oil onto a pan over a medium heat. Mix 2 whole eggs and two egg whites into a bowl. Pour the mixed eggs onto the hot pan and allow it to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- White eggs are cooking, put mixed vegetables into a bowl of boiling hot water and leave it to cook in the microwave for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add a spoon full of the vegetable mixture into the center of the omelette.
- Using a splatula, gently fold the omelette in half.
- Allow it to cook for another 2-3 minutes before sliding the omelette onto a plate.
- Sprinkle some seasoning over the omelet for added flavor. Enjoy!
If you found this article helpful, you can also check out my high protein low carb chicke and egg omelette recipe.
Learn how to easily cook tasty meals for your fat loss or muscle building goals. This is the only cook book you will ever need, that features over 200 easy to cook recipes. Become your personal chef in no time!.
The book contains recipes for bodybuilders, vegans or vegetarians, plus additional trips to get shredded and stay lean all year round. Click here for more details